September 8, 2008

Finally Settling In, A Surprise, and an Aspiration

So I've finally settled in to a general routine of school and work for this semester. Getting up, catching the bus (my least favorite part of the day), going to class, studying in the Student Center, seeing the occasional familiar face, catching the bus, and going home. Mondays and Wednesdays I have Cultural Anthropology, Logic, and U.S. History 1877 to the present... Tuesdays and Thursdays I have Personal Nutrition. A pretty exciting course load, and it should be easily taken care of as long as I'm on my toes in regards to getting homework done... I do hate homework...however, I can keep it up, because...dun dun dun...
I get to graduate from Hancock this year! I just checked with my counselor and it's official- International Studies! I'm excited. I'll have to put the pedal to the metal in terms of taking classes over the winter, and taking a heavy load (18 units) in the spring, but it should work out perfectly.
So, with all this craziness, you'd probably figure that diving back into academia in the summer would be the furthest thing from my list of to-dos. Au contraire, mes amis! I'm hoping to take on a seven-week summer program at Harvard to study Chinese. I've had somewhere in the back of my mind the idea of taking at least some sort of course at an Ivy League school but alas, don't nearly have the funds or the resume. So, it's hi-ho, off to Harvard I go next summer- maybe...

~VL~

No comments: