September 11, 2008

Something's Wanting...

...And I can tell you exactly what it is- a good storm. As David said today, "I'm not surprised. A storm to clean everything away, like a spring clean to make everything anew." I just crave one so badly! It's been too sunny, too warm. The last few days it's been slightly better, the sky staying more gray and cloudy longer...but I want rain (yes, Mom, I have the "I want-sies")! Guess it's time to go back to Germany...sigh. Or Colorado, apparently-Gary just told me that it's pouring rain there. Grr...
On the upper hand, my favorite time of year is coming- autumn and winter! Thanksgiving and Christmas! Pumpkin and cinnamon! I'm so happy, and I won't lie- I'm listening to Matt Thiessen croon some Christmas tunes right this instant (don't judge me, I can start the holiday tunage whenever I want!). In two months and six days it will be my birthday- ten days after that will be Thanksgiving- then I can "officially" bust out with the holiday goods! Oh I love it.
Here are some photos that have done my soul good today...

No comments: