November 5, 2008

Not the Change I Was Looking For, But Change Nonetheless

I was very upset last night. Disappointed and a bit scared. Change has come to our country- but what kind of change and at what price? As I listened to Barack Obama's acceptance speech and saw the results of the election, I realized that he is who the people decided should run our country and be responsible for our welfare and national security. A lot of emotions were going through my mind, mostly tumultuous. I had a bit of a debate with a friend and realized that my heart was in a state of disrespect for many things that deserve my respect because God has put them there and that no matter what fears I may have and however they may be justified, there is hope, there is grace, there is love in the God that created all nations.
~VL~

No comments: