September 30, 2011

29 Weeks

As you can see from the pictures this week, we finally installed outlet covers in the nursery and have made real progress in regards to hanging the knick-knacks we've acquired for Milo's room. Our theme is Adventureland (from Disneyland, of course!), and while we were originally going for the jungle/Amazon aspect, I've shifted gears a little bit to make it just generally about adventure. I think that's a good theme for a boy! We have our poster of Adventureland (not pictured), two Adventure of Mister Toad posters, and a handmade sign from Etsy with a Dr. Seuss quote from "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" It's really coming together. There's only a few things left to do, like buy the curtains and bedskirt for the twin bed we have in the room as well as some plastic storage drawers for his toys and clothes. I definitely love working on the room and imagining our little guy in it!

I'm feeling pretty good this week, and finally have my appetite back. I lost some weight when I couldn't keep food down for a couple days, but I have a feeling the pounds will make an appearance again shortly. This week in How Pregnancy is Kicking Veralynn's Tush, we have a possible pregnancy-related liver problem called Cholestasis that I'll hear back about early next week. Hopefully I don't have it, but if I do then it's a serious situation where Miles has to be born no later than 36 or 37 weeks tops and I will have to be monitored very closely until then. So! I may have a November baby, but I care not one little bit as long as he is healthy.

My grandparents from Nashville are about an hour and a half away from arriving today, and I couldn't be more excited! They've had some very scary travels while driving across the country in their RV the last few days (blown out tires, brakes stopped working!), so we're all breathing a sigh of relief that they're close. I may try to guilt them into staying in California since in my opinion it's just too risky to drive that RV all the way back to Tennessee. Just saying!

Leave a comment here!
~VP~

No comments: