September 2, 2011

Goodbye, Feet!

The other day I had an eye-opening moment; glancing down at my baby bump, I realized that I could no longer see my feet. It was a little scary (can my belly really stretch like that?) but a whole lot more exciting because I felt like I was never going to reach that moment where I was sporting a bona fide Bump. And now here we are, only fifteen weeks away from meeting our little son. I'll admit, I'm still a bit worried about how my stomach will actually grow to accommodate this bebe, but I am 100% ecstatic and confident about giving birth. The day Milo will be born is filled with more anticipation for me than Christmas (sorry, honey) and my birthday combined (and I love my birthday!). I can't wait to meet him.

In the meantime, I've been studying up on everything related to birth and babies. I never thought I'd be so interested! From nursery decor (you can see some of what I'm planning on Pinterest) and baby gear to breastfeeding and the idea of how to introduce solid foods later next year, I am covering all my bases just in case I'm so in love with Miles (and sleep) at that point that I have no desire to read.

So, here I am at 25 weeks, and loving it. I can see Milo's kicks from the outside now which is super crazy, and feel them even more on the inside. In two weeks I'll begin the third trimester, which I'm also calling the Final Countdown. My baby shower is in a little over a month, and I'm so excited to have family and friends together to celebrate Miles! I'm really looking forward to being pregnant during fall and wintertime, my favorite seasons, and I plan on enjoying many a pumpkin scone under the guise of a pregnancy craving (you must know this is a joke, as I have consumed just as many of these scones in non-pregnant years!). Hopefully all my prenatal yoga will balance out the scone intake...but I doubt it.

Until next time!
(Leave a comment here!)

~VP~

No comments: