September 19, 2012

Wednesday Pinspiration: Home Decor

Pinterest is like a dream come true (and the enemy of all productive tasks) in my life. When I was younger, I used to hoard magazines in my room and clip my favorite articles and photos- usually of my favorite outfits or Johnny Depp (definitely not my style anymore)- and hide them. As I come across new favorites, I still clip or type them up and save them for inspiration. Pinterest makes this a lot easier as far as pictures are concerned, and my favorite category by far is home decor.

Home decor is always a challenge for me. It's a balancing act between styles I love and styles that fit my reality, like a husband who doesn't necessarily have the same taste, styles that are baby-friendly, and the fact that I'm trying to decorate my small family home on the coast of California, not a French chateau. I tend to like stark colors like black, white, grey, and brown with other colors thrown in for accents. Is it weird that one of my requirements for a style to work is whether or not I can picture my husband walking through in his pajamas holding a box of Mike N' Ikes?

Here are some of my favorites:

Ivanka Trump's bedroom (via Elle Decor)
(via Ryann Ford)
(via TrĂ¡nsito Inicial)
(via Lonny Magazine)
(via Daniella Witte)
What's your home decor style?

4 comments:

momto8 said...

someone is very blessed!

Naptime Review said...

I would take all of them!


Julie @ Naptime Review

lisacng said...

I love Pinterest for the same reason - I don't have to save magazine clippings! Haha. I'm all about minimizing clutter. My decor is modern with a touch of traditional, but if you looked at my home, it'd be neither because we're renting and don't want to put much effort into decorating ;).

Unknown said...

These are so pretty - luxe but still comfortable!

addyspring.blogspot.com