January 1, 2013

One Year Later (and the New Year Ahead)

I can't believe it's already been a year since the day I met Miles. It was hard for me to imagine at the beginning, but my love for him really has grown stronger each day. He is a happy, adventurous boy and I could watch him for hours as he explores and tries to figure out how things work. He's very much his own little person and insists on doing things for himself (I wonder where he gets that from...hmm...) and I love it. He loves lights and besides saying "mama" and "dada", his first word was "light"! (Tonight, I turned on the Christmas lights on our tree one more time just to see his face light up in wonder again, wave his arms excitedly and exclaim, "Ligh'!") As a family of three, we've had a lot of beautiful memories and a lot of laughter. It was amazing seeing Parker transform into an amazing dad from the moment Miles was born; the mutual adoration going on there makes my heart want to burst on a daily basis. I can't wait to see how much Miles will change and grow in the next year, and how Parker and I will grow and change together as a couple and as parents.

This year has been wonderful and terrible all at once (I have a feeling that every year may be this way). With all the good times, there have been times of loss and sadness. Through those times, I've really been learning how to treasure moments that I otherwise might have dragged myself through (early mornings, mostly).

I'm a lucky girl to have such an amazing family- every day I spend with them is a beautiful day and I am so thankful. I'm looking forward to 2013.

1 comment:

The Jack Chronicles said...

Happy belated Birthday to Miles (and congrats on baby number two!) Get ready for an amazing 2013. The stage of childhood development between the ages of one and two is incredible!