March 11, 2013

"Things Are Happening!"

The SATC girls are calm, cool, collected. A long weekend in NYC with my man? How lovely.
Liz Lemon/me: "New York- the land of infinite food options! Get a map and a pen- this is not a drill!"
I know, I know- more 30 Rock quotes. Apologies and condolences to those of you who have never watched. You definitely should give it a shot if not to enjoy it then to at least understand many of my quotes. (I am a big fan- I even brought along DVDs to the hospital when I was in labor with Miles. Not sure why... I guess I figured if a woman could have an orgasmic birth- which is a whole other topic and conversation- that I could laugh my way through it? Labor may not be the best time of sound logic.) Anyway, I like the show, and I've been thinking about it and all my other favorite shows based in New York because...drumroll... Parker and I are taking a long weekend there next month! I've never been (I know, horrifying) and can't wait to soak it up. I just know I'll love it. Parker knows too, and is worried that I'll want to move there. It may happen.

I immediately emailed my friend Chrystal, really the only true New Yorker I know, for information. She only scoffed a little at my first and only reservation (before talking to her) at Cipriani Downtown. I didn't know and this is part of the reason I love her- she knows all the good spots to eat and shop. Because as much as I tend to think that Liz Lemon is my spirit animal, I do have a bit a lot of a Carrie Bradshaw shoe thing going on.

This will be the longest I've ever been away from Miles, but I am so so excited to have a nice "grown-up" trip with Parker. It will be amazing, I just know it..

If you are a New Yorker or have visited before, what are your favorite spots? Priority goes to food and shopping, as you can tell.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Fairly Obvious said...

Ha thank you liz lemon... i'll be your carrie bradshaw any day! xoxox Can't wait to see u then!

lisacng said...

Have fun, you two! Well deserved!

I don't know NYC at all, but have heard of a place called donut planet or heaven or something. Heard it's amazing!

Hodson said...

Now following via Bloglovin. Would LOVE for you to also link up on my Bloglovin Blog Hop. The link is below:

Bloglovin Blog Hop

Take care,
Meg
Happy Kids,Inc